Monday, September 14, 2009

Sometimes I am crafty...

Sunday was Danny's mom's birthday and I always want to find unique and thoughtful gifts, so I am pretty much on the lookout year round for good ideas. I saw this idea on the abc 4 morning show, (I think it's called Good Things Utah.) I thought it was pretty cute, so I gave it a try.

The woman doing this demo was from Roberts crafts and she said you could get everything you needed there....not true. I went in to ask them what they used, and they had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently, the people who are on the morning show don't pass on the info to all their stores, which is pretty lame. So I looked at the ABC 4 website and they said the hanging frames for the pictures were jewelry pieces, so I went back and looked in the jewelry section and still couldn't find anything.

So Danny and I went to Ben Franklin searching for something we could use. We finally settled on these (they are glass circles) and they are actually Christmas ornaments, but I mod podged the pictures on the back, and they made nice frames. (And they were a little bigger than the ones they used so you can actually see the pictures.) I even hung them and curled the wire, put the wire on the top, and added the ribbon on the top.

I included a picture of Danny's sister's family, our family, and his parents. I really liked how it turned out, and I just had to share it.

4 comments:

southernbelleang said...

What a cute craft! Did you get the Families are Forever sign at Roberts?

Danny and Tarin said...

Yeah, they had lots of different sayings, but I liked that one the best. It might just be a Utah thing :) It was like $18 but I used a 50% off coupon so it wasn't so bad.

Melissa + Brett said...

That is SUPER cute! Way to go!

Ally said...

Cute! I saw that on Good Things Utah (we DVR it and watch it at lunch). Usually the Roberts by my house has the instructions in the hall on the way to the bathroom (by the staff breakroom). They should have known about it. They have been doing the Roberts thing for months now on GTU. Anyway, it turned out great!