At my appointment 3 weeks ago the doctor told me baby boy was about 10 days ahead of schedule and weighing 3.5 pounds when he should weigh about 3. Not too bad. I expect big babies, so that seemed about right. He said I look on track for an upper 8 pound baby. No biggie.
I have been feeling like I exploded the last few weeks. I've been suddenly a lot more uncomfortable. I can't complain too much because I think I have really easy pregnancies, but I was feeling REALLY big all of a sudden.
So I go to my appointment yesterday and my doctor literally starts laughing as he says "wow, that's a good size head!". This wasn't really a shocker because he told me Caydence's head measured about 2 weeks ahead of her body. The real shocker was when he said he was 2 ounces short of 6 pounds! That means he gained 2.5 pounds in 3 weeks! He should weigh about 3.5-4 pounds and he's 6!! He now says I'm on track for a 10 plus pound baby! Yikes!! And I still have 9 weeks left!
I'm going to look at the bright side; this means I'll definitely be scheduled a week early, and it doesn't really matter how big they are when you have a c-section! And I like chunkier babies because I feel like they are a little less fragile :)
My amazing mom watched Caydence while I was at my appointment and I came home to this in my front yard:

I'm so excited to have flowers this summer! My mom's the greatest!
-Tarin
4 comments:
Wowsers! Max didn't weight 10 pounds until he was three months old.
You won't be needing any newborn boy clothes.
Mercy!! Ten pound baby that's soo big!! He will be so kissable though!!
Wow, it sounds like he is going to be a big baby. :) Good luck, I hope the next 9 weeks go quickly.
holy smokes tarin! are you trying to beat your mom's amazing record? we're thinking about ya! love you!
Post a Comment