My Blog has stalled for a while because I didn't want to go on until I wrote about my grandma, but I wasn't exactly sure what to say. So I just want to keep it short and simple.
On September 21 my dad's mom passed away; 6 days after her 96th birthday. It wasn't unexpected, her health had been steadily declining for a while.
I have only been to 2 funerals in my family: my mom's dad died of cancer when he was only 76 and we were just devastated. He suffered for YEARS and so it was comforting to see him not in pain anymore, but it was really hard. And it was all happening literally the week we got married so that made things even more difficult.
This funeral was SO different. It was really a celebration for a wonderful life. My grandma had been a widow for 33 years (I never met my grandpa). It was so comforting to think of the amazing reunion she was having with her sweetheart! And with our knowledge of the plan of salvation and the amazing life she lead, it was really a joyous time. My dad spoke at her funeral and did such a great job paying tribute to this amazing lady. Seeing my dad get emotional was the one thing that made me emotional. I can't imaging having to bury both of your parents by the age of 54. But he did an amazing job. And it was nice to see all of our family. Just a nice day all together.


No comments:
Post a Comment