Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween and some extras

Sorry this is so random, but I finally got all the pictures off my camera and decided to blog them.

Halloween:
I just couldn't justify spending a lot of money on a Halloween costume when Caydence wasn't going trick-or-treating, and she doesn't get it anyways, so I bought her this $5 shirt at Target and she wore it a few times throughout the month. (You may recognize it from her pumpkin patch pictures.)
We had a pretty low key Halloween. We went to see "This is it" the Michael Jackson movie. Review: It was really interesting. I don't think I am very qualified to give the best review because I don't remember even knowing who Michael Jackson was until recently. Weird, I know, but the first time I remember hearing any of his music was when my mom video taped him singing at the Superbowl half time show when we were little. We watched it a million times, but I still didn't really know who he was. I enjoyed the movie, but I have to admit, I didn't really know a lot of the music, but it was still good. It was also kind of funny watching Kenny Ortega (the main director) because he is the one we worked with filming High School Musical, and it was weird to see him in that venue.

Anyways...we then spent the evening at my parent's playing games and having treats.

On Friday, we went to our friend's house to watch "Young Frankenstein" and here were some of the cute treats.

Apple mouths with Almond sliver teeth.
Skeleton Cat
Random, I know, but here is a picture of the first snow of the season. It didn't last long, but it sure was cold! (It's hard to tell, but there is snow on the grass, and it is snowing as well)
Danny and I finally carved our pumpkins and forgot to put them out on the porch for Halloween! He did the bats on the left, and I did the vampire w/bats on the right.
We had a girl's night a few weekends ago with Nicki, Paige, and Paige's friend Kate. We carved pumpkins (but I didn't get any pictures before they started shriveling) and then Nicki taught us how to build huge ice cream cones at Maverick's self serve frozen yogurt machine. Here's the only picture I got that night. Caydence sure loves Aunt Nicki, and she just started calling her Ki Ki, it's pretty cute.
And here is Caydence's new obsession: she feels the need to stop and touch the symbols on every car in the parking lot every time we go out there. It's pretty funny, and she even feels the need to kiss them sometimes.

No comments: