Monday, August 8, 2011

William James

So, now that Will is 2 weeks old I'm finally blogging about his birth!! Was I overwhelmed and busy? No, actually quite the opposite! But I wanted to collect everyone's pictures first.....and we don't have the internet. Well I finally have both, so here it goes.



I was scheduled for July 27th, but with 1 week to go the doctor changed it to the 26th because he was going out of town. He said the hospital would call me the day before and give me all the details. Well, 10:30 the night before and I finally called the hospital and they tell me my doctor never called to change it, so I was still scheduled for the 27th. I went to bed that night not knowing what day I was having him. I think that was actually better because then I was able to sleep that night without anxiety :) So the next morning I played phone tag with my doctor for half the day because he wanted to change to that night after all. So finally we got it all worked out with the hospital and I had just a few hours to get ready.


We checked in at 4, and I was very nervous but I actually felt a lot better than last time. After all the paperwork and stuff we walked into the O.R. at 6:00 and little Will was born at 6:17. Everything was great (other than the epidural!! It was WAY more painful than last time, and I did not like the anesthesiologist very much). Oh, and I forgot that his head got stuck. Is that possible with a c-section?! Yes! 2 of the doctors were putting all of their body weight on my chest trying to push him out. I was literally waiting to hear my ribs crack! It was pretty painful. But once his head was out everything was good. He ended up only weighing 8 lbs 14 oz, but they were all freaking out about how big his head was. I don't think it looks disproportional, but they were all surprised.


Anyways, here he is:
And this one is Caydence. Twins? Yep. Clones of Danny? Yep.

Love this face!

Caydence LOVES him!! Maybe a little too much, ha ha.

I love this picture; Caydence and Will have the exact same profile! Those noses are identical!

Our first family photo.

Proud papa.

Going home 3 days later. You forget how tiny they are!

Our first night home together. What a cute bunch!

Things have been great! It helps that Danny got 2 whole weeks paid paternity leave!!! He has to go back to work tomorrow, and then we'll see how life really is. I'm loving having little Will and 2 kids is great! I can't believe that he is almost 2 weeks old! I wish he would just stop growing so fast! He's been an amazing baby so far (he only wakes up once a night!) and we just can't get enough of him!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Tarin, he is darling!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE his name. We debated between William and James, ha! You have such a cute little family!

Leslee said...

Congrats Tarin! So glad everything went well. and He is ADORABLE!!! I wish I didn't have to work so we could play more. We need to do lunch.

talk to you soon.

-Les-