Friday, September 7, 2012

Firsts

First off, no pun intended, thank you so much for all of your nice comments about my room!!  I'm glad you all enjoy it as much as I do!  I was pretty proud of my first decorating adventure.  :)

The past month or so has been filled with "firsts."  Here are a bunch of pictures of a few of them.

I bought a curling wand (a curling iron without the clamp, just a barrel) and tested it out on Caydence: WOW!  We got SOOO many compliments!  And then she gave her first talk, it was pretty cute.  Now that I think about it, it was her second talk, but her first in this ward.
 Yep, only 4 and she has this much hair!!
 We hit up the demolition derby at the Davis County fair.  It was pretty entertaining.  We had never been, but came 1/2 prepared (only one set of headphones) because it was LOUD!!

 Will's first haircut!!  I finally let Danny go at him with the scissors!  It definitely needed it, but I was so scared to actually do it!

Before:


 This is how we kept him somewhat still.


 Hairy sucker....YUCK!
 A sticky, hairy mess!
 After:
 Not too shabby.  I'm still getting used to it, but it is MUCH better.
 Caydence's first day of preschool.  She LOVED it, of course.  She is taking dance there too, so I get 3 hours off twice a week!  I'm not sure who loves it more :)  Everyone is talking about all the tears from the first day of school.  I might be a bad mother, but I was pretty much throwing a party, ha ha.  We both needed this.
 So maybe her backpack says "Kennedy", but hey, it was cheap!

And on her second day of school I canned pears for the first time!  And all by myself!!  I am so proud, ha ha!

No comments: