I didn't take any before pictures, but this room was just WHITE, that's it! Much of my inspiration came from pinterest here.
I first painted the whole room gray. If you saw my chevron wall, I used the same colors, just switched them (dark first, stencil in light). Then I researched forever about wall stencils and settled on this one. 100% worth the investment! I love it! Here's the view from the opposite wall (the room is not very big)
I searched EVERYWHERE for the bedding. The gray is easy, the yellow is hard. I wanted BRIGHT yellow, not gold yellow, or corn yellow. I finally found the sheets at target, large yellow pillows at Ross, striped yellow pillow at RC Willey, Yellow/black damask pillow on amazon, and 2 gray pillows at Khols.
I knew I wanted a "canvas" print for above the bed. Too bad one this size is $300! Then one day I'm in Walmart and find this fake one for $25! (it's actually fabric on a wooden frame, but you'd never be able to tell the difference) It's the Brooklyn Bridge (more on that later)
A close up of the stencil. Took me 3 DAYS!!!
Next, the nightstands. Danny bought this one at the DI for $20ish before we were even married.
And I just found this one at the DI, 10 years later! Crazy they almost match! So we painted them yellow (canary yellow from Walmart).
And added cuter hardware. (from Lowes or Home Depot, can't remember)
Added $10 lamps from Target.Got a dresser from target to fit this little nook in the wall. Added a cheap mirror, and some decorations.
Ordered this print from some steal website. I think it was on groopdealz. It's one of those sites that things come and go. The empire state building statue was on amazon (one of my splurges- I just had to have it!) For those of you that don't know, Danny served his mission in NY City, and we have visited twice since we've been married. We LOVE NY, and agreed we wanted that to be the theme of our room.)
Bought these books on amazon for CHEAP (like 69 cents for one). They are FILLED with awesome photos of NY. And how awesome that one has a gray and yellow cover!
The curtains have their own story.....deep breath.....so I decided I wanted chevron curtains, initially in yellow. Yellow and chevron are two very popular things right now, so it was REALLY hard to find! I'd go into stores and ask for Yellow chevron fabric and they would seriously laugh at me. I finally found some on fabric.com, and ordered a sample. It was called "corn yellow" and was NOT the right color. Anyways, I finally decided to ditch the yellow, because the room already has lots of yellow, and instead went with black. I tried many places and all of the chevron fabric is the wrong direction on the bolt, if that makes any sense. Anyways, I got this on fabric.com. My friend Ashley let me know they have free shipping, free returns, and their fabric is way better priced, and better quality.
Wow, more than you EVER wanted to know! So I just gave them a rough hem, bought some grommets at JoAnne's, and hung them on the cheapest black rod I could find. LOVE THEM!! Here they are closed:
And open:
And as you can see in the corner, I bought this frame at Hobby Lobby (when it was 1/2 price) and filled it with black and white pictures we took on our 2 trips to NY.
And this is a totally random clock I found in Gordmans (like Ross) and it was perfect for the wall opposite our bed. It is probably one of my favorite parts of the room! It is hard to tell in this picture, but it is huge! Probably almost 3 feet across.



.jpg)
.jpg)



.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)


6 comments:
Cute room Tarin!! I absolutely love it! You're always so talented at decorating.
LOVE it! Gray and yellow is my dream bedroom haha!!
Tarin-what a awesome room....loved reading about all your finds and how you put it all together! It was NOT boring...you are so talented! LOVE IT!
I love it, Tarin! Love the grey and yellow, and the NY theme. I was a nanny in NY and have always wanted to have a NY themed room! You did an excellent job! Want to come over and do my house now?
Whoa, hearing about all the shopping you did to put that room together nearly made my head explode. I can't fathom that amount of patience. Sweet room!
Wow, Tarin! I am super impressed with your decorating abilities. It looks awesome!
Post a Comment