I cannot remember a Christmas in my entire life when everyone in the family was healthy. Not one. I vividly remember many Christmases when everyone was throwing up. Even one when Nicki and I went to a family party all by ourselves because everyone else was sick. Last year we passed around a nasty 24 hour stomach flu bug that literally went through EVERYONE. And the worst part was that I started it while Danny and I were supposed to be having a weekend get away in SLC.
Anyways, this year has been no different. Caydence has been running a fever and coughing for almost a week now. It's been pretty rough. We have literally been stuck in our house for 5 days now. I'm kinda losing it. Danny came home after day 3 and I just burst out in tears. I was even supposed to be hanging out with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in a while, but I just couldn't get my emotions under control! Embarrassing, but true. She is finally starting to get better, but it is just breaking my heart that she has missed her dance recital, a whole week of school, Polar Express day when they got to wear pj's to school, and her class Christmas party. She has just been devastated and it's breaking my heart!
Just needed to vent my pitty party for a minute. Things are looking up, I am just grateful that Will hasn't caught it (yet) and that maybe we will be done with it by Christmas!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment