Four weeks ago Caydence randomly threw up. She had issues with throwing up this summer (you may remember my rant/post about it) and after throwing up 3 times in about a month she stopped and everything seemed fine. But this time it has been way worse. She has thrown up 7 times in the last 4 weeks- 6 of those being in the last 3 weeks. We first thought it was a milk allergy because it always seemed to follow milk, so we took her off milk for a week and she stopped throwing up. YEA! But then we re-introduced it and she started throwing up again, so we thought we had it solved. Took her back off milk, and she continued to throw up. I finally took her into the doctor after 3 weeks and 6 throw ups, one week of diarrhea, and a completely unrelated fever/cough/runny nose on the side. Poor thing was miserable. The doctor sent me to the hospital so they could draw her blood and test it for milk allergy, celiac's, etc. I was hoping the tests would come back positive, but at the same time really hoping they wouldn't.
This is after they drew her blood. She was totally over it because she had a sucker and this slap bracelet :)So the doctor called today with the results: no allergies. Great. Now where do we go. I'm so tired of throw up, but most of all I feel so bad for Caydence. So they called in a prescription for antacid in case it's reflux, which I also hope is not the case because it was EXPENSIVE and it was only a 1 month dose! And he also referred me to the GI department at Primary Children's, but they are WAY booked, so it'll probably be a while before I can get in to see them. Hopefully we can get this solved. It's the worst to see your baby suffer. But the weird thing is that once she throws up she's totally fine. Not sick, not whiny, nothing.
Just a side note: The doctor was also concerned that she had not gained any weight since her appointment 5 months ago. All I can say is I wish that would rub off on me...
4 comments:
Poor Caydence. I hope they are able to figure out what is wrong soon!
I didn't realize that she is still sick! I hope they figure out what is wrong. It cracked me up though to see her with the slap bracelet. Of course that would take her mind off of things. She's such a nerd.
Seriously that is the worst when they can't talk to tell you what doesn't feel well. Then not even a dr. not being able to help...ughhh! Hopefully things will get better and you can figure it out!
Serious! Sorry to hear this Tarin! That is frustrating! She is so cute! I totally hear you on the antacid medicine, Macie Jane was on it for awhile to see if that was the problem with her sleep, it was like 2.00 or more a pill! Keep us updated on little Caydence!
Post a Comment