Sometimes I am a lame parent. I know Caydence is our first child so we should be really excited about the holidays, and making them extra special for her, but I've been feeling absolutely no need to spend money on things she won't remember. Today is Easter. The "Easter Bunny" brought her $1 peeps and a $1 sucker, that's it. She hasn't even seen them yet. For her birthday we got her a soccer ball. That's it. We've never spent much on her for any holiday/birthday. I just don't feel like she needs a lot of money spent on her. After all, that's not what Easter is about anyways. And she's never going to remember. And she has everything she needs. She had fun at the Easter egg hunt with my fam, and that's really all the candy she needs.
Am I lame for not wanting to spend money on her? I just think I'd rather save our money. She doesn't know the difference, right?
7 years ago
6 comments:
I agree with you. I got all my other kids $1 toys for their baskets but just candy for Kimber. A couple of years ago, Lex wanted candy canes for Christmas from Santa and I was more than happy to just get that for him. He was so happy with something that simple, why should I feel like I have to spend a certain amount of money on him.
I agree. Until Jesse was 1 year old, we could still fit ALL his toys in a small bucket - he didn't need more and we couldn't afford anything, anyway. Kids can be happy with a lot less than we give them - when they are older it's a different story!!
You are lame. But not because you didn't spend a lot of money on Easter. You are lame because you did not post a picture of Caydence hunting for Easter eggs. That kid was dang cute.
sorry, I didn't post a picture because we left the camera at home... :(
Save your money for when they can remember. We didn't do anything special for Easter either.
TOTALLY AGREE. Christmas is one present from Santa and one present from mom and dad. Grandparents and aunts and uncles do enough spoiling!
Post a Comment