Tuesday, May 25, 2010

No motivation.

I had absolutely no motivation to do anything yesterday. So I picked up a project I cut out a month ago and finally sewed it together. I found this pattern online and fell in love with it. It is Amy Butler's Birdie Sling. It his HUGE which is exactly what I need for a diaper bag/purse. (you can't really tell in this picture, but it has cute pleats on the top)
I always alter my patterns, so I added a magnetic snap to keep it closed, and a clip on the side to keep track of my keys (an idea from my cousin Ally-love it)
I found this online and altered it a little as well. It is a clutch to hold diapers and wipes, as well as a changing pad.
When it's all open, the top is the changing pad. I covered it with vinyl so it's water proof (just the changing pad side.)
And the pocket at the bottom holds the diapers and wipes.
I love it!! I should have no motivation more often.... :)

9 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

That bag is so cute! I love everything about it; fabric, size, convenience- love it!

Jed, Erin, Kate & Paige said...

So cute, you did a great job!

southernbelleang said...

I love it! Where did you get the fabric, it is adorable.

Danny and Tarin said...

Hobby Lobby, LOVE that place!

KarenM said...

So cute! Great job.

Annie said...

THIS is what you get done with no motivation?? You're amazing.

Ally said...

So cute! I actually have that fabric to make something with. Where did you find the pattern?

Chris and Brooklyn said...

OH geeze, I need that diaper bag!!

Leslee said...

Pretty sure you are Amazing!! What an Awesome Skill and TALENT to have! We need to play. Sorry the last couple weeks have been crazy on the days I get off early. Hopefull the weather gets better and we can hit up the park!