My family went on vacation to the Oregon Coast last month and we had a blast! I love hanging out with my family! With my first two brothers overlapping missions by 8 months, it had been 3 years since we all were together. And my next brother leaves for his mission in August, so we hurried and took advantage of the whole family being together.
Keeping a 3 year old entertained during a 13 drive is interesting. She is actually an AMAZING traveler. My sister and brother rode with us, so she actually had some company back there, which she loved. One of her favorite activities was covering everyone with stickers :)

Our first day there we took some family pictures. Let's just say I was less than thrilled, being 8 months pregnant.... This is the only one I could (barely) stand to post. Do you see who the shrimp of the family is? (Other than the 11 year old)

Our favorite activity: CRABBING! It was such a blast!




You can only keep males, and they have to be a certain size. This is the only one that we were able to keep. We caught tons and hand to throw them back, but it was still so fun!

We took a short hike to a beautiful cove.

And of course the tiny wave knocked Caydence over.

We visited the Tillamook cheese factory. Sounds funny, but was actually pretty interesting.



Spent lots of time at the beach.



Rode some bikes.


Caught this amazing view on the way to a lighthouse.



Danny and some of my siblings harvested (?) some mussels.

"De-Bearded" them.

And made this lovely dish. They were so proud :)

We had so much fun. It was great to be able to spend time with my family. Oregon was great, and I really appreciated the cool weather!
2 comments:
I have 5 older brothers who are all 2 years apart...all of their missions overlapped! We weren't all together for 10 years.
Looks like you had fun!
T, I love how on the picture of Caydence and Paige in the cutouts, you can see Caydence holding onto the neck. Ha ha!
Post a Comment