No pictures, sad, but it's maybe a date I don't care to remember. Ok, that's a little dramatic, but, well, let me start at the beginning.
So Danny and I decided to have a little get away before he starts school and I don't see him for the next two years, ha ha. So we booked a night in Salt Lake and planned 2 days of fun. My awesome mom took the kids Friday morning and we headed to our first stop.
About now I started feeling a little funky, but figured I was just hungry so we stopped for a quick hamburger because we had an early dinner scheduled. I felt much better after, but I made the mistake of reading the news on my phone and heard the first little bit of the shooting in CT and I felt guilty for even having a good time. I tried to push those feelings out of my head because this was a big deal for Danny and I, but it definitely weighed on my mind.
So we headed to the Shane Co. for my wedding ring (more on that later). Unfortunately we left a little later than planned so we missed the session at the temple we were planning on so we headed to City Creek to do some Christmas shopping before our dinner reservations. I wasn't thinking clearly, or maybe it was because I was packing for three people...either way, I forgot a coat. Luckily my sister lives in SLC so we stopped by her place to borrow one. We checked into our hotel and decided to use trax for the rest of the night. It worked pretty well, just some of the places we were going were just a tad too far from the stops due to the rain.
I purchased a groupon for Christopher's Steakhouse and we treated ourselves to an AMAZING dinner.
We had a little time to kill, so we literally ran a couple blocks to City Creek to get out of the rain. (We were all dressed up during all of this)
We then had tickets for Off White Christmas at the Off Broadway Theater. The show was pretty cheesy, but still fun (their improv is much better, and we are really excited to be going to that this weekend). About half way through the show I started feeling pretty nasuious but I made it through. We finished the show and hopped on the train back to our hotel. I crashed into bed and figured I just need some sleep. Danny turned on the tv and all that was on was coverage of the shooting, which made me even more sick to my stomach.
I barely slept at all, and around 5:45 I finally threw up. Have you ever puked a $100 steak dinner into a $100/night hotel toilet? Gross, I know, but I LITERALLY felt like I was FLUSHING $200 straight down the toilet! Like I wanted to reach in there just to get it back!!! That was almost the worst part, ha ha.
Anyways, needless to say I was pretty miserable and felt horrible that I had ruined the weekend. When Danny finally woke up we came home and he dropped off the present to the baby shower I was missing (I was crushed because she came all the way from NY!!! At least I got to see her for a couple hours on Thursday). And then Danny went to the movie we were supposed to be seeing, all by himself. And I didn't get out of the love sac for 2 days.
I'm now feeling so much better and I'm SO grateful that no one else caught it (yet!) And that I got it over with before Christmas! Friday was still a great day, so I can't be too upset. And my parents kept the kids all day Saturday which was a HUGE help.
So maybe it wasn't perfect, but we'll call it date number 8!
No comments:
Post a Comment