Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Late night thoughts/ramblings...

Sometimes when I am bored I search for apartments on Craigslist.  I have no intention of EVER moving, but I think I just get stir crazy and I search apartments in NYC.  Today I searched Boston too.  Maybe we can just get a vacation home there :)

Sometimes I really want a job.  Not a career, but a job.  Just something easy and mindless like I want to just be a cashier or go back to the bank.  But I only want to do it when my kids are in bed so I'm not ever missing their waking hours or anything, and I don't want them in daycare, I just want the adult interaction, and to feel like I'm contributing to our family income at least a little bit.  I'm sure it'll never actually happen, because let's be honest, I really don't want to work, ha ha.  Being a mom is work enough :)

Danny is almost finished with is first of 6 semesters.  It feels like it's gone pretty quick, but also pretty slow.  I've seen him about 1.5 hours in the past 3 days.  How do single moms do it?!  I'm super lucky to have such great/helpful/supportive parents that live 1.1 miles from my house.  (Yes, I mapquested it).  Tonight my mom babysat for 2 hours, then made us all dinner, and let me join them to watch our weekly Survivor.  I need to find a hobby, or actually do the ones I have.

Did you know channel 14 plays Friends from 9-10 PM and The Office (the old good ones) from 10-11 PM?  It's kept me entertained a lot lately.  If only they played Modern Family my life would be complete!

My kitchen is still 1/2 painted.  1/2 gray, 1/2 maroon.  Maybe I'll get the motivation to finish this weekend.  That vaulted wall has me stuck, literally...

It must be past my bedtime...


2 comments:

Richie said...

When I'm rich, you have have a mindless job working for me :)

Kristi said...

Oh, I loved this post! Loved being allowed into the thoughts of your mind. Aren't parents the best?! It was fun to see you all at Costco today!!