Saturday, August 24, 2013

Buck's Lake

Danny's family has a cabin in Northern California that his grandpa built in the 50's and we were able to spend almost a week there this month.  We headed out on Saturday morning and arrived about around dinner time.  The kids did great in the car and we only stopped to let them out once!


 A few mornings while we were there I went for an early jog and I had to stop and take a picture of the amazing view.
 Every day we would walk down the dirt road to the "quarry" and throw rocks all along the way.  All the boys and kids loved throwing rocks every chance they got!



 We spent every afternoon at the beach.  It was so beautiful.  A tad cold, but still refreshing.  Will would spend hours sitting just barely in the water.  He cried and cried every time we had to leave.

 We did a lot of lounging.
 And one afternoon we went on an amazing hike.  Will and Caydence were such troopers and walked the whole way in (we had to carry him out)


 We stopped for lunch and to throw some more rocks, of course.





 Will fell asleep on the way back.
 One afternoon we rented a boat and enjoyed the scenery all around the lake.  It was so beautiful!
 The last morning Danny took a little hike and got some more great shots.
 I got Will these adorable jammies while we were there.  It was impossible to get a good shot- I chased him all around and this was the best I could get!
We left Friday afternoon and drove about 5 hours to Danny's uncle's house in Piedmont, CA just outside of San Francisco.  We spent Saturday in San Francisco, but that will be the next post.

No comments: