Friday, August 23, 2013

August happenings

August has been QUITE a month in our house!  And I finally have a spare moment to sit and blog about it.  I'm going to break it up a little, so stay tuned!

I finally went at Caydence's purple room!  I took a hammer to the chair molding that I have always hated!  It took some SERIOUS repair work after, but it was worth it!  We maybe even had to replace a chunk of drywall, but I'm glad it's gone.

 We got the kids bunk beds, but Will has yet to last in his, so he is back in his crib for now.  (This was the only shot I got of the new walls.  They are gray, of course)
 I had a few vouchers for a local trampoline park that were about to expire, so we spent a lot of time there :)
 And at the beginning of the month my Uncle Ed threw a big family party/reunion he called the "Excellent Epic Event."  Ed never does anything half way, so this party was OVER THE TOP!  We had a blast.  I didn't even get any pictures of the NEVER ENDING food!  It was amazing, and the Grand America is so nice!

Getting caricatures drawn:
 Fishing:
 Even the adults got to fish, and there were serious prizes!  Danny got 2 movie tickets, and I got $25 to Cheesecake Factory!
 The balloon artist was the most amazing I've ever seen.  Everyone was raving about his creations.  There was nothing he couldn't do!  When my dad requested Lightning McQueen for Will I was a little embarrassed, but he pulled it out like it was nothing!

Caydence wanted a Minion from Despicable Me:
 And the Little Mermaid:
 Will's reaction to Lightning:

 The kids got their faces painted:

 Will would only let them paint his hand (Lightning, of course):
 Caydence and Maya competing in the doughnut eating contest:
 And here is our family caricature drawing.  I especially love Will's big brown eyes:
 All of my mom's siblings were there, and her mom:
 And this is how we know the kids had a blast:
They also had a photo booth that we took plenty advantage of.  We had such a great time and it was so fun to see most of our family that we haven't seen in a while.

No comments: