Babies are so confusing!! Here is the problem:
First Occurrence: While driving to our family reunion July 24th, about 45 minutes since we left our house, Caydence puked all over herself and the car. It was pretty much all curdled milk. (She LOVES milk and drinks a lot of it) We didn't think she was sick because she had no other symptoms, and once we got her cleaned up she was fine for the rest of the day.
Car sick?
Second Occurrence: After driving to the mall with my mom 2 weeks ago (also about a 45 minute drive) We shopped for about 15 minutes, and Caydence puked all over herself and her stroller. Again, all curdled milk. She had 2 big cups full within 2 hours.
Car sick? Too much milk?
Third Occurrence: She woke up and went straight into the bath, and had some milk while I finished getting ready (we do that often so it wasn't anything new) and then went to grandma's to have her babysit for an hour (only a 2 minute car ride, so I don't think it was car sickness). After being there for like 10 minutes she puked the curdled milk everywhere!
????????
She isn't sick, so this is really baffling me. Couldn't be car sickness, because it wasn't all from riding in cars. Couldn't be too much milk because the 3rd time was a routine we do often. Could it be an allergy she is now developing? But she has been fine until now, and it doesn't happen every time she has milk, and she doesn't have any rashes or anything. But the occurrences are becoming more frequent.
I just don't know!!!!
Any suggestions/ideas/diagnosis/comments/ or ANYTHING else is appreciated!! (especially if you are a Dr., ha ha)
7 years ago
7 comments:
I'm not much help but here's a small bit of info that might be of some use...
She might have some sort of lactose intolerance or allergy to milk. I get sick when I have milk, so I can't drink it anymore sometimes reactions are worse than others. It has just happened within the last year.
According to wikipedia :) it says, "Milk allergy is the most common food allergy in early childhood. It affects somewhere between 2% and 3% of infants in developed countries, but approximately 85-90% of affected children lose clinical reactivity to milk once they surpass 3 years of age."
I'm no doctor though...or a mom...
She might just have an upset stomach sometimes--it seems little kids get upset stomachs at random times.
If it was me, I'd get rid of the milk for a while. See if she still pukes with other liquids. Chloe only drinks milk at meal time and usually only drinks water the rest of the day.
I don't know the recommended ounces of milk for kids that age, but that's what we do.
Good luck. I hate cleaning up puke.
You once asked about my double stroller too. It's HEAVY. I like it, but if there is a lighter one out there, I'd go fot it.
I'm guessing car sickness. Did this all start when you faced her forward? Even a two minute car ride could upset her tummy especially if was just filled. Kimber did this same thing when we drove down to Yuba.
No Dr. here but my sister-in-law has the same thing with her kids due to lactose and tolerance. They too didn't develop it until they were older, but they may be due to the fact they were breast fed as infants.
Good luck that is NO fun!
Oh man - throwing up is the worst! Kids really do have random stomachs; I'm starting to think that camping makes my son throw up... weird. I agree that you should lay off the milk and see if it helps. Can't hurt, right?
So so sorry to you, Danny, and apparently your mom.
I feel for you guys, we used to have similar problems with Aiden. He would throw up in the car, store, at home. We started taking a bowl in the car, and keeping it around the house for emergencies. We took him off milk, but later found out that wasn't all he was allergic too. It took us 8 months, and a 3 week hospitalization to finally get it all figured out. Looking back I wish I would've taken him to the allergist the day we suspected it was an allergy.
So my suggestion would be to go get her tested by an allergist, that way you don't deprive her of milk for nothing, especially since soy/rice milk seem to be an acquired taste! Also, if it is an allergy, then the reactions may start to get much worse, so it would be nice to know the severity and if you have to take her off it all or can continue to give it to her in cooked things! If you do decide to go see an allergist I can give some recommendations.
Another suggestion would be to keep a food diary, and so you can see if there is something that she eats every time, since she does not always throw up when she has milk! Allergies/Intolerances can be so difficult to pin point sometimes! There have been times the only way I have figured out what was going on with Aiden was by praying and it would just come to me, but it doesn’t always come that easy! Good luck!! You can e-mail me at cybermommy@gmail.com if you have any questions or need recommendations!
Next time she throws up on you, just throw up on her to see how she likes THAT! That might solve the problem.
Post a Comment