Thursday, December 10, 2009

On the "Fourth Date of Christmas"

We finally put up our Christmas tree! So it has nothing on it yet, but at least it's out of the box...
Then we made our "12 days til kiss-mas chains" *see note below*

I can't do a post without a cute picture of Caydence. This is where we found her after dinner tonight :)
***My grandma started making us these chains and sending them to us when we were little. I still love to make them. You just wrap 12 Hershey's kisses in plastic wrap and tie bows in between (we used alternating red and green yarn) Make sure the kisses are Christmas colors and the top one is gold.
The poem on the back goes like this:
12 Candy kisses
Hanging in a row,
Eat one candy kiss each day
And this chain will surely show,
Christmas is getting closer
Only a few days to go,
Reach the gold and you will wake
To Santa's HO HO HO
Don't worry, it's not too late to make your own. The countdown starts on Sunday the 13th.

5 comments:

southernbelleang said...

I totally remember grandma making those. I am pretty sure I still have an old heart with the poem she made for me. I have been enjoying your 12 dates of Christmas. :)

Chris and Brooklyn said...

that kissmas thing is very cute! better than an old chain, cause there is actually chocolate involved!

Danelle and Alex said...

You guys are too cool!! You have so much fun!

Kim said...

I can't believe you still have the poem! I loved getting these from grandma when we were little.

Danny and Tarin said...

Kim, I'm not going to lie, we've made them so many years I had the poem memorized. I don't even have a copy of it, ha ha